Tuesday 2 August 2011

Switzerland: Glorious!

Everything was glorious today: the weather, my scenery and the company.   After our performance this morning the girls rushed back to the school to get on our pretty clothes, and I took a group of 4 girls with Klara and Karen and we navigated our way to France.  We took the train to Nyon and ferried over to Yvoire, France.   It was a beautiful Medieval town built in the 1400’s.  It had small narrow cobblestone streets with tons of shops and café’s along the way.  We spent the entire afternoon there.  I managed to pick up my token traveling piece of art at a glass blowing shop.  The atmosphere was incredible.  I didn’t wan to leave.  We ferried back over to Nyon, ate supper and headed back.  It was an amazing day.



            Wrist bone is still in place!  Tomorrow will be boring and long.  We have the FIG performance and closing ceremonies.  There is a party on the beach afterwards.  It may have been 10 days in Switzerland and I will be leaving without seeing all the things I wanted to.  I am leaving behind an incredible castle, and the beach which I never got enough time to go and see, but I heard incredible reviews about.  I did hear good reviews about a walk from one venue to the other which I plan to put the girls on the bus and walk myself.  They are all complaining about sore feet.  It is all downhill with apparently “breathtaking scenery”.

No comments:

Post a Comment