Tuesday 2 August 2011

Switzerland: Last Day

My prediction was right.  Pretty boring.  We went to the FIG gala, which is an hour and a half show with the best performances of the weekend.  They were good, but the show was still too long for me.  I needed it to be ½ as long for me to keep my attention the entire time.  After the show, I sent the girls on a direct bus to our next location, and took to my walk.  I walked briskly, but it was amazing.  I love seeing the mountains.  The weather again today was awesome.  I actually arrived at our destination prior to the girls.  I took Julia to our gluten free restaurant and all the girls sent out to trade all their Canada gear for stuff from other countries.  I sent Julia out with all of my stuff.  She was allowed to trade stuff for herself if she got me a few specific items.  She was successful.  We headed to opening ceremonies where I sat in a tent and watched the girl’s bags while they performed.  We came back to the school and the girls got changed for the beach party.  Upon arrival I scoped out the only adult tent and spent all my pre-paid tickets on bruschetta, desserts and wine while I read my book.  There seems to be a theme to my best times.  I brought the girls home at midnight and everyone got prepared for a very long travel day.  At least it is only one day instead of two!

No comments:

Post a Comment